четверг, 9 августа 2012 г.

Movies

Movies


Kristen Stewart Reportedly Drops Out Of 'Cali'

Posted: 09 Aug 2012 11:34 AM PDT

Kristen Stewart
Reports suggest Kristen Stewart has dropped out of director Nick Cassavetes' new romantic drama "Cali."

Read More >


The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Adds Alan Ritchson as Gloss

Posted: 09 Aug 2012 11:13 AM PDT

Alan Ritchson is Gloss in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Lionsgate and the filmmakers of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire are pleased to announce that Alan Ritchson (Fired Up) has been cast in the role of Gloss in the much anticipated film adaptation of Suzanne Collins' worldwide smash hit novel Catching Fire. A former Career tribute from District 1, Gloss and his sister Cashmere are both competing in the Quarter Quell.

Alan Ritchson most recently starred in the CBS comedy pilot Super Fun Night with Rebel Wilson, and Blue Mountain State, which aired on Spike TV for three seasons.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire begins as Katniss Everdeen has returned home safe after winning the 74th Annual Hunger Games along with fellow tribute Peeta Mellark. Winning means that they must turn around and leave their family and close friends, embarking on a "Victor's Tour" of the districts. Along the way Katniss senses that a rebellion is simmering, but the Capitol is still very much in control as President Snow prepares the 75th Annual Hunger Games (The Quarter Quell) - a competition that could change Panem forever.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire will be directed by Francis Lawrence, and produced by Nina Jacobson's Color Force in tandem with producer Jon Kilik. The novel on which the film is based is the second in a trilogy that has sold more than 50 million books in print and digital in the U.S. alone.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire comes to theaters December 22nd, 2013 and stars Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Elizabeth Banks, Lenny Kravitz, Stanley Tucci, Donald Sutherland, Toby Jones. The film is directed by Francis Lawrence.

Rescue dog: Albie is a 'dog that won't hunt' – or swim

Posted: 09 Aug 2012 11:31 AM PDT

Adopted from Louisiana because he is a 'dog that won't hunt,' rescue dog Albie is content to stay at the water's edge and not swim in rivers or swamps. He'd rather be chasing tennis balls.

Four Skyfall Character Posters

Posted: 09 Aug 2012 11:07 AM PDT

Sony Pictures has released a banner for their upcoming 007 adventure Skyfall, which finds Daniel Craig reprising the role of James Bond for a third time. He's featured here (looking like a Wax Dummy) alongside Javier Bardem as the villainous Silva, as well as our two newest Bond girls Naomie Harris (as Eve) and B&#233r&#233nice Marlohe (as Severine). All four actors also get their own individual character posters. (Seriously, did Daniel Craig opt for a CGI stand-in as opposed to attending the photo shoot? He looks ghastly.)

Skyfall Banner

Skyfall Severine Poster

Skyfall Eve Poster

Skyfall Silva Poster

Skyfall James Bond Poster

Skyfall comes to theaters November 9th, 2012 and stars Ralph Fiennes, Daniel Craig, Helen McCrory, Javier Bardem, Tonia Sotiropoulou, Bérénice Marlohe, Judi Dench, Naomie Harris. The film is directed by Sam Mendes.

Trailer! Actress Megan Fox Strips for ‘This is 40’

Posted: 09 Aug 2012 11:03 AM PDT

Megan Fox is back on the big screen. Fox is a tease in the new teaser for the upcoming comedy "This is 40."
 
The film co-stars Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann as a couple dealing with the struggles of a marriage. In the clip, Fox strips down to almost nothing.

High temperatures could break 12-year Denver record

Posted: 09 Aug 2012 11:20 AM PDT

 Approaching another few days of highs in the mid-90s, meteorologists and forecasters would probably use official records and specific examples of sizzlingly high temperatures to describe

The case for "Hook"

Posted: 09 Aug 2012 08:28 AM PDT

One of my favourite films growing up was Steven Spielberg's Hook.

Even at a young age I think I was a naturally nostalgic person with an interest in history, so I've always had a soft spot for movies with characters who are from another time, or movies that track a character's life from their childhood until they get old. I don't know what it is about nostalgia but it gets to me. It's one of the reasons I like biopics. I find that if I'm googling the subject of a film straight after I've seen it, the film has had a pretty big impact on me. The first time I saw Amadeus I spent the rest of the day researching Mozart, it was nuts.

So anyway, I watched Hook tonight because I hadn't seen it for years and I found that it was just as good as I remembered. I've since read that it wasn't all that well received when it came out, (one critique was that kids wouldn't "get" it) and I basically wanted to know what Reddit thinks of Hook. I know a lot of people are around my age (mid-20s) so would have seen it when they were kids, whereas others may have been adults when it came out. Basically it's an evaluation of the effect a big-budget family movie can have on people of different ages.

Some notable points:

  • Dustin Hoffman is fucking incredible as Hook. Obviously I didn't know who Dustin Hoffman was when I was 6 years old, but he absolutely kills in this role. If you haven't seen this film as an adult, he's pretty much worth the price of... download, I guess.

  • The part where the fat kid turns into a ball and rolls down the gangway is just as funny as it was 20 years ago (to me anyway).

  • As I said, I'm a nostalgic guy, so the scenes with Maggie Smith as Wendy really hit me. I like the idea of Wendy being a real person who is in her nineties and longs for her time with Peter as a child again. My heartstrings: they were tugged.

  • Some parts of the movie are lame, but when you remember it's pretty much a kids movie on steroids, it makes it all okay. Any scenes with the lost boys can be especially grating if you focus too much on the "acting".

Anyway, I'd love to hear what reddit thinks. Good or bad.

submitted by beergoggles69
[link] [807 comments]

‘X-Men First Class: Days of Future Past’: What We Might See In The Sequel

Posted: 09 Aug 2012 08:32 AM PDT

Can Peter Jackson Make Lighting Strike Twice With The Hobbit?

Posted: 09 Aug 2012 08:12 AM PDT

Antiviral - Official Trailer

Posted: 09 Aug 2012 10:23 AM PDT

FIRST LOOK: New TOY STORY Short Film PARTYSAURUS REX

Posted: 09 Aug 2012 10:23 AM PDT

Mainstream releases of movies made with game engines is near.

Posted: 09 Aug 2012 08:58 AM PDT

The new Total Recall totally remade. (SPOILERS)

Posted: 09 Aug 2012 10:03 AM PDT

So I watched the new Total Recall last night and I enjoyed it for what it was. I wouldn't say it was great nor would I say that it was bad and I certainly appreciated all of the nods to the original Total Recall. That being said, I'm gonna list a few things I liked and disliked.

I liked...

-Harry's character being made into something more than it was

-Kuato being replaced with the less disgusting Methias

-The very last fight scene twist

-The woman who looked like Arnold's disguise from the original saying she was gonna be in the colony for two weeks

-The three breasted woman

-The guy that Harry knew who got himself lobotomized wanted to be the king of Mars. Quaid thought Mars was cool.

I disliked...

-Lori played the character of Lori and Richter. Man, I miss Richter.

-Lori outlived Cohagen.

-Cohagen was blown up instead of thrown into the no-zone without a mask. I really wanted that to mirror the original Cohagen being thrown on the surface of Mars.

-Hauser really had defected to the resistance. In the original, Hauser was playing the resistance from the start.

-Methias dies almost instantly after meeting him.

Overall, it's not a bad movie but I loved the original Total Recall so much that I knew I was probably gonna be disappointed. I guess I'm biased so take what I said with a grain of salt. Anyone else see the new Total Recall? What do you guys think?

Edit - structure

submitted by AceDynamicHero
[link] [comment]

Nice Indiana Jones Behind the Scenes...looks like its from the newest one.

Posted: 09 Aug 2012 10:03 AM PDT

New DREDD 3D Character Banner Featuring Olivia Thirlby As Judge Anderson

Posted: 09 Aug 2012 10:53 AM PDT

The future America is an irradiated waste land. On its East Coast, running from Boston to Washington DC, lies Mega City One- a vast, violent metropolis where criminals rule the chaotic streets. The only force of order lies with the urban cops called "Judges" who possess the combined powers of judge, jury and instant executioner. Known and feared throughout the city, Dredd (Karl Urban) is the ultimate Judge, challenged with ridding the city of its latest scourge – a dangerous drug epidemic that has users of "Slo-Mo" experiencing reality at a fraction of its normal speed. During a routine day on the job, Dredd is assigned to train and evaluate Cassandra Anderson (Olivia Thirlby), a rookie with powerful psychic abilities thanks to a genetic mutation. A heinous crime calls them to a neighborhood where fellow Judges rarely dare to venture- a 200 story vertical slum controlled by prostitute turned drug lord Ma-Ma

Honey Boo Boo Child: Spinning off 'Toddlers

Posted: 09 Aug 2012 10:59 AM PDT

Honey Bob Boo Child 'Toddlers & Tiaras' spinoff: It could be more than the next reality show train wreck. It's a relief to see a genuinely happy child who dreams of being a princess on her own terms.

Deadmau5's New Album to Feature Cypress Hill, Imogen Heap, My Chemical Romance's Gerard Way

Posted: 09 Aug 2012 01:56 PM PDT

Filed under: , , ,


Mark Davis, Getty Images

EDM producer Deadmau5 has revealed details about his awkwardly titled new studio album, > album title goes here <.

NME reports the 13-track follow-up to 2010's 4x4=12 will come out Sept. 24. Song titles include "Failbait" featuring Cypress Hill, "Telemiscommunications" featuring British vocalist Imogen Heap, and My Chemical Romance singer Gerard Way collaborating on "Professional Griefers."

The news comes on the cusp of Deadmau5 saying he was going to take some time off to recharge his batteries after admitting he was "pretty miserable right now" and needed some down time to figure out his next move.

Bobbi Kristina Remembers Whitney Houston with 'WH' Tattoo

Posted: 09 Aug 2012 10:49 AM PDT

Whitney Houston's 19-year-old daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, paid tribute to her late mom on what would have been her 49th birthday… by getting a tattoo. 

The "For Better or Worse" actress took to Twitter, hinting to fans that she would be celebrating her mother Wednesday night in Atlanta. "Mommy it's your birthday & I am going 2 celebrate it 2 the fullest! Bc YOU deserve it damn it, YOU deserve Nothing but the BEST!"

RTD officials face legislative grilling over commuter rail delay

Posted: 09 Aug 2012 10:41 AM PDT

Regional Transportation District officials face grilling Friday from state lawmakers over delays in the promised construction of commuter rail in the northwest metro area.

EXCLUSIVE: Katherine LaNasa Talks The Campaign

Posted: 09 Aug 2012 07:53 AM PDT

Katherine LaNasa talks The Campaign

Katherine LaNasa talks about playing the wife of Will Ferrell's Cam Brady in The Campaign, opening in theaters August 10

When I visited the set of The Campaign earlier this year, I got to speak with Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis, although, since it was one of the last days of shooting, there were many other cast members I didn't get a chance to meet. One of them was Katherine LaNasa, who plays Rose, the wife of Will Ferrell's Cam Brady, the North Carolina Congressional incumbent who normally runs unopposed, until Marty Huggins (Zach Galifianakis) enters the race. Unlike Cam, Rose is actually rather ambitious, with political aspirations of her own. I recently had the chance to speak with Katherine LaNasa over the phone about The Campaign, arriving in theaters August 10.

Here's what she had to say.

A lot of times, when you hear about actors or actresses going out for parts, they don't know exactly what they're going out for. Did you know you would be playing Will Ferrell's wife right away?

Katherine LaNasa: I knew what I was going up for. I never thought I would get it. I had a bunch of auditions that week, and I didn't get to work on it as much, as I normally would. I stumbled on my lines the first time, and I asked to do it again. It was this monologue where I was just barking at him. We did it once or twice and I thought later, 'You know, I think I was right for that part. I should have canceled some of those other auditions.' A couple of weeks later, I got a callback with Will and (director) Jay Roach. I showed up at the audition, and there was only one other person there. Oh goodness! This is within reach! I had just finished a movie with Robert Duvall, and, just to trick myself, I said to myself, 'You shouldn't be nervous with Will Ferrell. You just worked with Robert Duvall!' I sort of puffed myself up with that.

Will mentioned on the set that we don't see as much of the Brady home life as we do with Marty. Can you talk a bit about those home scenes, as compared to the Huggins family?

Katherine LaNasa: Oh, I don't think that Rose is much of a hands-on mother. I think Rose is a little bit of Sarah Palin, a little bit of Hillary Rodham Clinton, and a little bit of Dance Moms (Laughs). I think she probably has somebody doing her hair and makeup. Rose does not waste her time on the domestic stuff. She's got better things to do. I think Rose is highly ambitious.

Will said that Cam's big goal is to be Vice President, because being President is too much work. Do you see Rose waiting for her own moment to launch her own political career?

Katherine LaNasa: Yeah. There is an earlier draft of the script where she ends up running against Cam, running her own campaign. Even if it doesn't make it in the movie, it's always great information to have.

Both Will and Zach are great improvisers. Can you talk about that dynamic on the set? Does that add to the level of fun, never knowing what's going to come out of their mouths?

Katherine LaNasa: Yeah, I like that, actually. I kind of like to not know what's going to happen, in general (Laughs). It's really great to fill up a suitcase full of ideas, and just bring it with me and see what happens. I don't like to have too firm an idea.

It's great how relevant this is, regarding the current state of politics. Were you looking at anyone specifically, to mold your character after?

Katherine LaNasa: I had just come from Alaska. I made friends with this liberal radio host up there, who is the anti-Sarah Palin. I got a lot of information about Sarah Palin, I watched her documentary, and read her book, so I kind of based it on her. I also looked at these different political wives, who are always changing their look. These people must be hiring hair and makeup people at every turn. When I was down there, just before I started shooting, there was this radio interview with Rick Perry's wife, and it was just divine. She was talking about all the other wives, so I stuck some of that in there. My best friend is a Hormel ham heir. What if she was from this well-off, redneck family? When I grew up in Louisiana, there was this chain of stores called Furniture Country. I just decided that Rose's family owned Furniture Country. She was really smart, so she got to go to Sarah Lawrence. I just stuck it all in there. I think Rose is a smart cookie.

Since they shot in New Orleans, what was it like to go back home for this? The whole thing was shot in Louisiana, I believe.

Katherine LaNasa: I love Louisiana and I love being from there. It was a long shoot, so it was very nice to have my family nearby. I don't get to see them as often as I'd like, so it was nice to be down there for four months, just to visit with them.

Can you talk a bit about working with (director) Jay Roach? It's such a perfect marriage of his comedy movies and his political movies. Can you talk a bit about his style on the set?

Katherine LaNasa: He does a lot of takes, which I actually like. I'm used to repetition, so I don't feel tired by it. I feel it's an opportunity to do more stuff. Also, I had such an appreciation for his films and how perfectly crafted they are. He's giving himself a lot of options, and he's really confident. He really couldn't be a nicer guy. It's just one of those gifts that some people have, where they control by graciousness, as opposed to micro-managing and shutting people down. He was wonderful to work with. I hope I get to work with him again.

What would you like to say to anyone who's looking forward to The Campaign about why they should check it out in theaters this Friday?

Katherine LaNasa: The great thing is, if you have half a brain, you will really enjoy it. It's a very smart movie, as well as a funny movie. Zach's character is something I've never seen him do in a movie before. It's just packed with wonderful performances. Dylan McDermott is this perfect straight man, I love his performance so much. I mean, granted, the whole movie basically rides on my portrayal of Rose, but these other guys are worth looking at (Laughs). You should probably see it twice, just to pick up on some of the nuances (Laughs).

Excellent. That's about all I have. Thanks so much, Katherine. It was a pleasure talking to you.

Katherine LaNasa: Thanks. You as well. Take it easy.

You can watch Katherine LaNasa as Rose Brady in The Campaign, arriving in theaters August 10.

The Campaign comes to theaters August 10th, 2012 and stars Will Ferrell, Zach Galifianakis, Jason Sudeikis, Dylan McDermott, Katherine LaNasa, Sarah Baker, John Lithgow, Dan Aykroyd. The film is directed by Jay Roach.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий