воскресенье, 15 мая 2011 г.

Movies

Movies


ABC Cancels 'Brothers & Sisters'

Posted: 15 May 2011 11:10 AM PDT

Brothers & Sisters
Calista Flockhart and Sally Field's family drama Brothers & Sisters has been canceled. The show's recent fifth season will be its last - due to falling ratings. The finale airs Sunday night. Brot...

Read More >


NBC Chief Robert Greenblatt Explains His New Fall Schedule

Posted: 15 May 2011 10:45 AM PDT

Debra Messing  | Photo Credits: Noel Vasquez/WireImage.com

New NBC entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt knows he can't turn the Peacock network around overnight. That's why the executive is resisting the urge to throw two of his hottest properties — The Voice and the new Steven Spielberg musical drama Smash — on the air this fall.

Instead, Greenblatt describes NBC's fall 2011 schedule as building blocks for the future. On Mondays, the network is making its biggest surprise move, turning The Sing-Off (which aired during the holidays in 2009 and 2010) into a two-hour, weekly series and pairing it with...

Read More >


Other Links From TVGuide.com

Jesse James Will Never Cheat On Kat Von D

Posted: 15 May 2011 10:30 AM PDT

Jesse James
Jesse James is confident he will never cheat on fiancee Kat Von D like he did on Sandra Bullock, because their love is on a "higher level" as they were friends before becoming a couple. The TV mec...

Read More >


Massive Interview With Ryan Reynolds Talking In-Depth About Green Lantern!

Posted: 15 May 2011 10:15 AM PDT

While the embargo on this interview (conducted on the set of Green Lantern a few months ago) isn't supposed to be lifted until Tuesday, MySpace have jumped the gun and released it today! Below are some of the main highlights, but click on the link below to read more. On What He Knew About The Character Before Being Cast: You know, I knew of The Green Lantern. I wasn't versed in it, you know, like Geoff Johns or anyone like that. I just, I mean, I knew he was an ordinary guy who was bequeathed a ring by a dying alien. It, you know, shot lasers out of it or something like that, so, beyond that, I wasn't that familiar with it, so I think I was most startled to find out how vast the universe is. I mean, that it really does -- you know, I know Geoff Johns likened it to

Just saw The Royal Tenenbaums for the first time.

Posted: 15 May 2011 04:21 AM PDT

It's the first Wes Anderson movie I've seen, and damn it is a great film. It plays with my emotions like a marionette. I want to see Rushmore, Life Aquatic, Darjeeling, and Fantastic Mr. Fox. I hope they are just as good.

Also I swear, aside from Arrested Development, Tenenbaums is the most quotable piece of media I've ever watched.

submitted by LEGOslayer
[link] [77 comments]

Can anyone identify these scenes? I've been searching for the movies they belong to for a very long time.

Posted: 15 May 2011 07:11 AM PDT

When I was little I wasn't allowed to watch scary movies, but I was able to catch a few glimpses. I've been trying to find the names of these movies for a while now with no luck.

I was able to draw (ms paint) the only scenes I can remember, hopefully someone can identify them.

This is the first one: http://i.imgur.com/FXq1T.jpg

A labcoat guy is writing on a blackboard when someone walks in and says something. The labcoat guy turns around, his mouth opens very wide, and these bug-type claw things come out from the sides of his mouth.


The second scene is this: http://i.imgur.com/KYQWW.jpg

A guy is passed out on the floor. A bunch of other guys are surrounding him and one of them is doing CPR on the passed out guy. When the CPR guy presses on the passed out guy's chest, his chest opens up like a giant mouth and bites the CPR guy's hands off.

I have no idea what these movies are. Can anyone identify these? It's been driving me crazy for a long time now.

submitted by dre__
[link] [12 comments]

this is why i love sunshine

Posted: 15 May 2011 08:31 AM PDT

the first time i saw this movie there was this one particular scene that just gripped me and made me believe i was in space, realizing how small we all are and that there are things out there much more magnificent than anything i've ever seen before img

i want to share this because i always seemed to be the only one who loved this movie and now it makes me happy to read something about it in every other thread, thank you all, i love you :)

submitted by evalotta
[link] [5 comments]

5 Classic Movies You Didn't Know Were Remakes - Cracked.com

Posted: 15 May 2011 09:05 AM PDT

Why the hell, in the movie Aliens....

Posted: 15 May 2011 03:47 AM PDT

...did they not just have another "artificial person" hanging out on the orbital ship so they didn't have to send Bishop down a long tube to remote-pilot another dropship down? I mean, even 1969's Apollo 11 had Command Module Pilot Michael Collins circling the moon while his friends went on walk about. Also, "nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."

submitted by query_squidier
[link] [17 comments]

One thing has been bugging me about Inglourious Basterds for a long time and I want to know if anyone can help me figure it out (spoilers)

Posted: 15 May 2011 08:12 AM PDT

In the movie, there are eight basterds. In the bar, two die. In the Theatre, two more die. In the end, we see two Basterds. There are two of them unaccounted for. What happened to them?

submitted by Moosebomber
[link] [3 comments]

My Perestroika; probably the coolest recent documentary

Posted: 15 May 2011 09:04 AM PDT

Why is Netflix doing this?

Posted: 15 May 2011 09:24 AM PDT

Can you recommend movies which are set in autumn with a cloudy/cold setting?

Posted: 15 May 2011 07:38 AM PDT

well, they don`t necessarily have to be play in autumn. But they should play in this day and age. Some examples of movies i am talking about:

First Blood
Goonies
Silence of the lambs
Winters Bone

Thank you in advance.

note: I am not talking about movies where it constantly rains like seven or heavy rain.

submitted by Vicinus
[link] [1 comment]

Thor Is The New Crocodile Dundee Minus The Knife

Posted: 15 May 2011 07:30 AM PDT

If you're not sure about buying Hobo with a Shotgun on VOD, read this first

Posted: 15 May 2011 10:15 AM PDT

Can r/movies please help me find an awesome movie to watch on a lazy Sunday evening?!

Posted: 15 May 2011 10:10 AM PDT

Literally not much out at the moment that I want to see so.. What's that amazing movie that you love that I probably haven't seen?

Something that's going to make my evening! And go nicely with the home made pizza.

I'd watch basically any genre that's not horror, and I'm not in the mood for something too harrowing, it is a Sunday!

88,000 people must have some ideas :)

please help!

snelly x

submitted by snelly62
[link] [1 comment]

We need some B-movie suggestions! (It's B for Badass and low-Budget, obviously)

Posted: 15 May 2011 10:07 AM PDT

I need some more B-movies! We've been having a weekly movie night at my place, and I'm worried that we can never top some of these ridiculous classics.

Death Race 2000

Westworld

Galaxy of Terror

Ice Pirates

Beastmaster

Batman: The Movie (1966)

Escape from New York

We also recently viewed Chuck Norris' The Octagon, which turned out to be over an hour of agonizing slowness before Chuck started roundhouse-kicking. I began to fear I was losing my touch at picking these.

I think the key is some elements of the "fantastic", be it sci-fi or fantasy. B-movies set in "modern-day" LA end up being a bunch of sub-Magnum car chases and drug lords and cocktail parties and boring. Movies with bad-cool visuals like Galaxy of Terror end up being amazing. And I can't forget the element of Mystery Science Theater that comes along with getting a bunch of people to watch. Ice Pirates was especially great for that one.

Requirements: Quotable one-liners. Made before 1985. Excessive badassery and side-boob a plus.

r/movies, what do you think?

submitted by selfsmartedmyself
[link] [1 comment]

'No Escape' (1994) predicts fall of Gaddafi in 2011...

Posted: 15 May 2011 09:46 AM PDT

Just watching the largely forgetten but underrated (IMO) 1994 action film 'No Escape' Starring Ray Loitta.

In it, Loitta's character is imprisoned for killing his commanding officer in the US army In Benghazi, Libya in 2011.

It doesnt state why the US is in Libya at the time, whether its invading, peacekeeping or whatever, but the city and date are accurate!

submitted by FartingBob
[link] [comment]

Scorsese and Von Trier to remake 2003's “The Five Obstructions” - very exciting if you've seen the original

Posted: 15 May 2011 09:21 AM PDT

Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton Tie the Knot

Posted: 15 May 2011 09:57 AM PDT

Country singing sweethearts Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton were married Saturday in Texas.
0515-lambert-shelton.jpg
The newlyweds celebrated their union at the Don Strange Ranch, north of San Antonio, with guests, such as Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley, Reba and Kelly Clarkson, in attendance, reports People.com. "Brilliant wedding," tweeted Lambert's co-writer Travis Howard. The award-winning singers have been together for six years. Shelton, 34, proposed to Lambert, 27, last year.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий